Sunday 27 May 2012

Everything Happens for a Reason...

I'm a big believer in 'everything happens for a reason'. It's what gets me through some days and helps me look past things I might otherwise turn into regrets.

This last year has been decision after decision for me and not just what will I have for breakfast. I'm talking about big, life-changing decisions. I hate those kinds. I'm an indecisive person to start off with and putting these things in my path is pretty much a recipe for a nervous breakdown.

And just when I thought I'd finally figured it out (at least for the time being), another whopper of a decision makes itself known. My response: everything happens for a reason.

Whenever I say this to myself, it usually means I'm about to make a potentially bad decision that I'll regret and try to squirm out of later. But....everything happens for a reason! Then, I was scrolling through Pinterest, as is my wont when I'm feeling senseless and just want to see pretty pictures, and I found this saying.

Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

It sums up what I'm feeling about this decision. I'm on the verge of making a bad decision just because I think an option has opened up for a reason. But maybe it's just opened up because it has and going through with that option just because it's there would be more about my stupidity than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment